Most of the time, auto, home and business accidents are humdrum affairs involving fender benders, storm damage or uninsured motorists—no laughing matter, in other words. In these cases, compiled by BusinessBalls.com, however, we must admit we cracked a grin or two.
15. “Going to work at 7AM this morning, I drove out of my driveway straight into a bus. The bus was five minutes early.”
14. “I started to slow down, but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.”
13. “I was going at about 70 or 80MPH when my girlfriend reached over and grabbed my testicles, so I lost control.”
12. The claimant had collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were:
“Q. What warning was given by you?
Q. What warning was given by the other party?
11. “In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.”
10. “I came around a corner while cycling to work and was run off the road by a herd of guinea pigs. I broke my arm.”
9. “The leaking toilet is reached through my back passage, but please tell the plumbers when they arrive that they must knock on the front door as my back passage is blocked with the things out of the toilet.”
8. “I bumped into a lamp post, which was obscured by human beings.”
7. “I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull.”
6. “I struck a slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.”
5. “I rear-ended the car in front of me and smashed the taillight. I then reversed slightly so I could see the damage, but hit the front bumper of the driver behind me. Then I opened my door to exit the vehicle and knocked down a passing cyclist.”
4. “Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I haven’t got.”
3. “My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.”
2. “I was driving along when the police pulled me over onto the hard shoulder. Unfortunately, I was in the middle lane and there was another car in the way.”
1. “The accident was caused by me waving to a man I hit last week.”